GINGER TAYLOR, BSBA, LMT, CD(DONA)
Ginger is a Native Floridian, born and raised in Melbourne, Florida (Brevard County). Her career background consists of over 30 years in the healthcare industry. She is a Certified Doula with DONA International, Licensed Massage Therapist and earned her Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, with Honors. Ginger believes that every woman should be empowered to choose that is best for her and her family. As your birth doula, she will provide information and support to help you tap into your inner strength and become an advocate for yourself, your baby, and your birth.
Experiencing the births of her 3 beautiful children gave Ginger the inspiration and desire to become a Doula. She understands the importance of having a compassionate guide during the sensitive time of labor and delivery. Ginger’s desire is to help her clients find confidence within themselves, learn to trust their bodies and discover their strength and unique capacity to give birth. She offers her clients a calm, warm, and grounding space inspired by healing techniques including: breathing and relaxation, Hypnobabies, positioning, rebozo comfort, massage, aromatherapy, and craniosacral therapy. Ginger views every birth as unique and sacred. Whether a woman chooses a hospital, birth center or home environment, she believes that knowledge is key to personal empowerment, which is essential for a positive birth experience. “It is my privilege to encourage, nurture and witness the strength that is in every birthing woman. It is a blessing to participate in my client’s birth.”
She has attended Spinning Babies classes to assist mothers and babies during tough transitional labor stages. She has taken professional Maya Abdominal Therapy (Massage) courses to assist her clients during pregnancy, labor, and postpartum recovery.
Ginger’s goals are to provide exceptional care, support, information and comfort during a very special moment for you…the MIRACLE of your baby.
Prenatal Massage during pregnancy is a soothing, complementary choice for prenatal care. It is a healthy way to decrease stress, promote relaxation, and helping you cope with discomfort such as: backaches, tight hips, stiff neck, leg cramps (swelling), headaches, edema, abdominal muscles, and tense shoulders. Additionally, massage for pregnant women reduces stress on weight-bearing joints, promotes blood and lymph circulation, helps calm nervous tension; which assists in improved sleep. Massage may help relieve depression or anxiety caused by hormonal changes during pregnancy. Try Hot Stones and Aromatherapy with your Prenatal Massage!!
DOULA SERVICES INCLUDE:
- One complimentary, introductory interview to discuss your expectations & goals, answer questions, and empower you to discover and enhance your personal birth plan.
- Second prenatal meeting to practice comfort positioning techniques, breathing methods, finalize your birth plan, review hydration and nourishment during labor, and answer any additional questions.
- Informational support throughout pregnancy and the early stages of parenting via phone and email.
- Ginger’s support as a facilitator is to communicate between you (the laboring mother), your partner and your clinical care providers throughout the labor. During labor, she will comfort you (the mother) while keeping the atmosphere and mental thinking positive; working towards your entire birth goals. She ensures that you are hydrated and nourished. Ginger will assist in labor positioning and massage, to assist in the progression of your baby moving down. Essential oils may be used by diffusion and/or application for a more comfortable labor.
- Breastfeeding assistance immediately following birth.
- One postpartum follow up visit at your home within 14 days to ensure that you (the mother) and your baby are settling in comfortably.
- Complimentary CranioSacral therapy (see more) for your baby(s) at postpartum visit
- Ginger offers discounted prenatal massage services to all of her Doula clients “Prior” to birth to allow her to understand your comfort level, to ease your muscles, and introduce a familiar touch with you and your baby (a babies) as you prepare for your birth journey. Massages “after” birth are given at a reduced fee within the first 3 weeks postpartum.
**Labor and Birth video and photos taken by my Doula Apprentice / Birth Photographer, at a small fee, to capture all of your special moments and baby’s first hour of life with you. For more information, please inquire during your phone consultation. “Like” on Facebook: Kaila T Photography
#CertifiedBirthDoula #Birth Doula #Doula #ServicesWithYourGoalsInMind